Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weight Loss Goals

So, it's a new year and everyone has new goals. I'll be posting more on some of mine soon, but I wanted to get this series started!

 If you've been reading at all or know me, you probably know that I've been losing quite a bit of weight in the last year or just over. I've lost in the neighborhood of 65lbs total since the twins were born! I still have a ways to go to meet my goal though.

If you read my previous post, you know that I've credited the Lord with my weight loss so far as I haven't done one thing towards trying to lose it at all. In fact, it seems that when I notice I've lost weight and then do try and pay attention and help it along, I don't lose any more weight for several weeks - until I forget about it, and then I start losing again.

But this isn't about doing some small things any longer - it's about making a real effort and getting down to my goal weight. I want to lose another 40 pounds by my anniversary - August 4. Counting from this past Friday (January 4) that is 30 weeks!

Here's a before picture. These are the new jeans I just got this fall (because all the others I had were way too big!) and a shirt that is wearable but not flattering. I plan to take a picture of me wearing this same outfit and post an update on the 4th of every month.


I got a scale for Christmas (thanks Mom!) and by it weighed 214.2 pounds on 1/4/13 and my goal is to be down to 175 pounds by 8/4/13. Thanks for joining me on the journey!

Do you have weight loss goals this year? Please feel free to share your blog links if you'll be blogging about it!