Monday, January 7, 2013

Your Daily Bible Verse

Through my partnership with Tomoson, I received for the purpose of review a book entitled Your Daily Bible Verse by Rachelle Ayala.


This book is a fantastic collection of verses which match up numerically to the day on which they are assigned. You can look up the verse for your birthday or the birthdays of friends and family. There is one for every day by date, but nothing is assigned a year so this is reusable  for all of the time! I really enjoyed looking up the verses to birthdays and special days.

The verse for my own birthday was pretty awesome. My birthday is February 26, so I knew from the layout of the book that it would be something in chapter 2 and verse 26, but I wasn't sure which book. Ms. Ayala has gone through and found some great promises and verses throughout the Bible. The verse assigned to my birthday is Revelation 2:26 -

"And he that overcometh, adn keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:"

What an incredible thing for me to hold onto for the Lord's will for my life! My kids also wanted me to look up their birthday verses.

Christian - 1 John 3:23 "And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment."

Drew - 2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Brandon - Deuteronomy 8:6 "Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him."

Caleb and Lynndi - Proverbs 9:8 "Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee."


I also looked up the verse that corresponds to Bill's birthday, and to our anniversary.

Bill - Luke 7:13 "And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not."

Anniversary - Psalm 8:4 "What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?"

The verse for my birthday was an incredible fit, and I think that for most of the kids their verses are very fitting as well. Bill's I'm not so sure about... but he is taking some time to think and meditate on it and see if the Lord has any meaning for him in it. Our anniversary verse is another I'm not sure about, but I do feel like there is something there to it and am doing the same with that one.


I fully believe that the Word of God is living and active, and I love it when we can find our personal relationship with the Lord Almighty wrapped up in his personal love letter to us like this. Our God is amazing!

This book is going to be a loved and valuable resource, as well as good fun to just check. It is great to use it as a "verse a day" kind of thing, or even as it suggests to use it to memorize a verse each day. There are a lot of great ways to use this verse. Personally, I'll likely use it as encouragement on a given day, and may use it for a verse a day at least in spurts. I know I'm going to love having it in my home!

The verse for today, January 7, is 1 John 1:7 -

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

You can find Rachelle Ayala on her blog and on Facebook. You can purchase this book at Amazon for just under $5 for a paperback or just 99 cents for the Kindle version!

   

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.